Waxing and Tinting
Waxing and Tinting
Waxing is a popular method of removing unwanted hair. By removing hair at the root, new hair doesn’t grow back for up to eight weeks. While waxing isn’t one of our most relaxing spa treatments, it certainly helps many of our clients look great and feel more confident.
Ear or Nose
Back or Chest
Lash & Brow Tint
Brow Wax & Tint
Waxing, Tweezing, and Tinting
Waxing is a popular method of removing unwanted hair. By removing hair at the root, new hair doesn’t grow back for up to eight weeks. While waxing isn’t one of our most relaxing spa treatments, it certainly helps many of our clients look great and feel more confident. .
Tips to get the most out of your waxing visit
- Do not shave or wax for at least 3 to 4 weeks prior to your treatment.
- For Brazilian and bikini waxes, please trim any long hair to minimize discomfort. Hair should be no more than 1/2″ or less than 1/4″ of growth.
- Female clients may have heightened sensitivity during the week prior to or during menstruation.
- Limit your caffeine intake the day of your waxing service. Caffeine stimulates the nervous system and increases sensitivity.
Before your wax, please do not…
- Use Retin-A/Renova for at least 30 days.
- Use Accutane for at least one year.
- Use peels (glycolic, AHA, etcetera) or dermabrasion on the area for at least 24 hours.
- Consume excessive amounts of alcohol or sunbathe for at least 48 hours.
- Use self-tanners, exfoliants or moisturizers the day of the service – they can cause irritations to the sensitive hair follicles that are open after waxing.
- Minimize skin irritation by applying aloe vera or hydrocortisone cream to the treated area.
- You may wash the waxed area, but refrain from using harsh cleansers or creams for 24 – 48 hours.
- Stay away from hot tubs, hot showers, hot baths, sunbathing and tanning for at least 24 – 48 hours.
- Prevent ingrown hairs by avoiding exfoliation for 2 – 3 days and then exfoliating the area regularly.
- Avoid shaving in between waxing treatments.